Queens Park Rangers should maybe be called Queens Park Wanderers as they have played their football at 12 grounds in total. They moved to Loftus Road in 1917, the ground had previously been home to Shepherds Bush FC who were disbanded during the war.
After moving to Loftus Road the football club still moved a couple of times, in 1931 they spent a season at the White City stadium. Poor crowds saw them return to Loftus Road until they tried the White City again for a few months in 1962-63, however the same reason saw them return to Loftus Road !!
The picture below taken from a Football Review magazine shows how the football ground looked in the 70’s.
The text on the picture reads as follows;
“Queens Park Rangers ground has a capacity of 37,000 with seating for 10,100 spectators. The record attendance was set in February 1970 when 33,567 spectators watched the FA Cup sixth round tie against Chelsea. The playing surface measures 112 yards by 72 yards. Inset: Mick Leach.”
The picture above is available for sale (along with loads more QPR football memorabilia) on our main site Footybits, a link to which is at the top of this page.